Carrot Halwa is one of the first few sweet I learned to do after my marriage. It is my husband favourite too. Somehow I always think it is one of the healthier Sweet (because I use less sugar and low fat milk). For my 2nd son this is only way to include carrot in his diet without much fuss.Pin It Now!
Carrot - 6 Cups
Milk - 1 litre (I have used low fat)
Condensed Milk - 2-4 tablespoon ( I have used 2 spoon of low fat )
Mixed nuts - 2-3 tablespoons
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Ghee (Clarified butter) - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Grate the carrots in a grater which has small sized holes.
- Heat the Pressure Pan (in kada) add all Ghee and fry mixed nuts till brown and keep it aside (just take the nuts leave the Ghee in the Kadai)
- In a kadai, add the grated carrots and fry for 5 mins
- Add Milk and cook till Carrot is cooked ( I have pressure cook it till 4 whistle)
- Open the cooker cover and in reduce flame let the carrot mixture cooked till all the milk absorbed
- Add Condensed Milk and Mix it well. Stir in till all the milk is absorbed add in mixed nuts and mix well.
- Serve it by itself or with Vanilla ice cream