Paneer Makhani - Guest Post from Preeti of Indian Kitchen (http://jopreet.blogspot.Com)
Now over to Preeti
Hi Friends, I'm happy to say this is my 5th guest post for another lovely and talented blogger friend Veena Shankar.
This is second time my guest post has been delayed. Veena was so humble that she did gave me a lot of time.
This recipe is very special to me as this one got me a good name in cooking even before my marriage. This recipe is adapted from Microwave Cooking by Nita Mehta. It is a fool-proof recipe and you will never get wrong with any ingredient. Lets move on to the recipe,
- 1 cup paneer cubes (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp cashew paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 1 tbsp tomato-chili sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp dry methi leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add cardamom seeds powder. Add tomato puree and cashew paste. Saute a while.
- Add tomato-chili sauce, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder and garam masala.
- Mix all the masala and cook for a min. Add sugar and salt. Cook it covered on low flame for 5 mins.
- Add paneer cubes, dry methi leaves and milk. Add little water if needed. Cook it covered for 10 mins.
- Add cream and cook for a min. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with any indian bread variety.