I love Kuli Paniyaram. I try to do lot of different types (Kulipaniyaram, Hoarse Gram (Kullu) kuli paniyaram). My kids also love it. This is high in protein. Channa dhal gives nice flavour to it also.Pin It Now!
- 3/4 cup – Instant oats
- 1/4 cup – Red gram/ thuvaram paruppu/ toor dhal
- 1/4 cup – Whole Channa (Kondakadalai)
- 2 tablespoons - grated Coconut
- 1 tablespoon – whole black gram/ ulunthu/ urad dhal
- 1 /4 Cup – Split green gram/ paasi paruppu/ Moong dhal
- 1 no - Onion (chopped fine)
- 1/4 inch - Ginger
- 7-8 – Dry red Chillies
- 10- 15- Curry leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon - Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- A Pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Wash and soak lentils together for a minimum of 3 hours. Grind it in to a coarse paste with red chilli, Curry Leaves, Coconut and set aside.
Add oats , lentil paste, onion, coriander leaves, salt, asafoetida and mix well. Add required water and let it be in a pouring consistency.