Quinoa is my favourite grain due to it's nutritional value. My mum used to say healthy stuff doesn't taste good.. So If I tell her to try something healthy she will think twice.. But there are dishes which are healthy yet tasty this is one of dish. Pls. refer to http://knowaboutingredients.blogspot.sg/2012/06/quinoa.html for more details about Quinoa.Pin It Now!
- 1/2 Cup Coocked Quinoa
- 2.5 cups - Milk ( I have used slim milk)
- Sugar - 1 1/2 tablespoon (adjust to your taste)
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts / almonds - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon – Ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan, add nuts and roast them till they are golden brown .Remove and keep it aside.
- Wash Quinoa and drain the water
- Boil milk on low flame for 10 to 15 mins. Add Quinoa and cook it in low flame. I have cooked it in pressure cooker. If you are using pressure cooker put small plate in it so that milk won't get burnt. I have cooked till 2-3 Whistle. You can cook it in direct flame but it will take time. Other alternative is cook the quinoa in water and add it to boiling milk.
- Once Open the cooker lid add sugar and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Finally add fried nutsand mix well. Now easy and delicious payasam is ready to serve.